What Is Apple.com-scan.live?
Apple.com-scan.live is a browser hijacker which found in browsers, like Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Apple.com-scan.live is not a malicious virus which damage your system, encrypt your data, anyway, this is a fraudulent website that will cause a storm of negative emotions. First of all, Apple.com-scan.live changes browser settings, and you will not be able to resume everything again. It also redirects users to various unwanted advertising sites. The most annoying thing is that users are forced to view ads and go to the left sites, since the program controls this. Apple.com-scan.live keeps track of personal data. Usually, it collects information related to browsing habits, such as IP addresses, geolocation, entered search queries, ULR visited. This is all done to generate revenue for developers. As we said earlier, this is a fraudulent program. It displays a pop-up window stating that it detected a trojan virus (e.tre456_worm_osx) and encourages its visitors to immediately begin the recovery process. In order to protect the system, it prompts users to download the Advanced Mac Cleaner application by clicking the “DELETE VIRUSES NOW” button. However, we do not advise you to believe this virus, as these are only tricks. This article was created specifically to help you remove Apple.com-scan.live from Mac.
How to Remove Apple.com-scan.live
- Remove Apple.com-scan.live Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Apple.com-scan.live From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Apple.com-scan.live and Other Adware
Remove Apple.com-scan.live Automatically
To quickly remove Apple.com-scan.live from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Combo Cleaner; it is a good program that may be able to remove Apple.com-scan.live from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove MacEntizer from Mac :
Delete Rogue Applications:
Go to Applications folder and delete Apple.com-scan.live and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Apple.com-scan.live from browsers:
Remove Apple.com-scan.live and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Apple.com-scan.live from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Apple.com-scan.live from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Apple.com-scan.live from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Apple.com-scan.live and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the apps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.