What Is BYOML Chrome Extension?
BYOML Chrome Extension is a browser hijacker which is going through browser hijacking. At first glance, BYOML Chrome Extension will seem to you that this is a regular search engine, which is similar to the one you used before but unfortunately it is not true. Despite a fact that BYOML Chrome Extension looks legal, useful and even very convenient, it is a fake search engine for your browser. This program can penetrate any browser: Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Each time you open a tab of any browser, this program will redirect you to your search page. But it is important to note that BYOML Chrome Extension is completely useless as a search engine. The main goal of BYOML Chrome Extension is to generate revenue for developers. They can receive income from users by redirecting them to questionable sites or attacking their desktop. These actions can lead to system infection. Also you may run into confidentiality issues because BYOML Chrome Extension keeps track of user information: browsing the web, recording IP addresses, web site URLs visited, pages viewed, search queries and other similar data. Then developers sell collected information to third parties. Usually, this program gets to the system with other software. In this article you will find solution to this problem. We will help you to remove BYOML Chrome Extension from Mac without any problems. Read our article further.
How to Remove BYOML Chrome Extension
- Remove BYOML Chrome Extension Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove BYOML Chrome Extension From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From BYOML Chrome Extension and Other Adware
Remove BYOML Chrome Extension Automatically
To quickly remove BYOML Chrome Extension from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Combo Cleaner; it is a good program that may be able to removeSearch.kimosachi.com from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove MacEntizer from Mac :
Delete Rogue Applications:
Go to Applications folder and delete BYOML Chrome Extension and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove BYOML Chrome Extension from browsers:
RemoveBYOML Chrome Extension and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove BYOML Chrome Extension from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove BYOML Chrome Extension from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove BYOML Chrome Extension from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From BYOML Chrome Extension and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the apps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.