What is Weknow.start.me?
Weknow.start.me is a fake search engine, which belongs to the type of virus hijackers. Weknow.start.me is focused on MAC. It can penetrate any browser: Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Weknow.start.me usually penetrates through advertisements or with other software. Therefore, users do not understand how and when this virus has penetrated their computer. Usually, these are search queries, IP addresses, geographical locations, URLs of visited sites. This is all designed to generate income from users. It is important to note that users whose browsers have affected Weknow.start.me are forced to visit this site every time they open a new browser window. This is of course annoying. Therefore, Weknow.start.me causes users security and privacy issues. You will not be notified that Weknow.start.me has penetrated into your computer, but some signs can tell you about this: firstly, you will notice changes in the home page of your browser. Browser search engine will also be changed to https://Weknow.start.me. Of course, you can be attracted by the design of page, which creates the impression of a sustainable search engine, but be careful, as this is just a trick for users. You need to remove this virus so that problems do not increase. Please, read on this article and you will find solutions to this problem.
How to Remove Weknow.start.me
- Remove Weknow.start.me Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Weknow.start.me From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Weknow.start.me and Other Adware
Remove Weknow.start.me Automatically
To quickly remove Search.kimosachi.com from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Combo Cleaner; it is a good program that may be able to removeSearch.kimosachi.com from your Mac.
Delete Rogue Applications:
Go to Applications folder and deleteWeknow.start.me and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Weknow.start.me from browsers:
Remove Weknow.start.me and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Weknow.start.me from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Weknow.start.me from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Weknow.start.me from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Weknow.start.me and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the apps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.