What Is ActiveToken?
ActiveToken is a dangerous application that generates ads and changes browser settings without the user’s permission. This is an adware application that also collects certain personally identifiable information, such as frequently visited pages, requests, and sometimes even logins, passwords and bank accounts. Therefore, it is very dangerous for your financial data.
Virus is an application created by scammers for Mac. ActiveToken injects a large number of ads on the screen so that when clicked, questionable, potentially malicious websites and dangerous installations are opened. Pop-ups, coupons, banners, polls, redirects reduce system activity, so you need to get rid of ActiveToken.
We provide automatic and manual deletion for you. If this is your first time encountering such a problem and are not sure that you will do everything correctly according to the instructions, then we advise you to remove ActiveToken automatically.
How to Remove ActiveToken
- Remove ActiveToken Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove ActiveToken From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From RequestPlanand Other Adware
Remove ActiveToken Automatically
To quickly remove ActiveToken from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove RequestPlanfrom your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove ActiveToken from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete ActiveToken and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove ActiveToken from browsers:
Remove ActiveToken and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove ActiveToken from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove ActiveToken from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove ActiveToken from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From ActiveToken and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.