What Is Akamaihd.net ?
Despite the increased security of Mac, recently there has been an extremely intensive growth of unsafe advertising programs for Mac. Regardless of whether you use Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari or another browser, Akamaihd.net generates a new search engine that will redirect you to other infectious sites and fake recommendations for installing malicious applications without user consent. Your browser will display advertisements so often and in such numbers that the performance of your Mac will be seriously impaired and slow down. Remove this virus to stop further infection.
How to Remove Akamaihd.net
- Remove Akamaihd.net Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Akamaihd.net From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Akamaihd.net and Other Adware
Remove Akamaihd.net Automatically
To quickly remove Akamaihd.net from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove Akamaihd.net from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove Akamaihd.net from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete Akamaihd.net and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Akamaihd.net from browsers:
Remove Akamaihd.netand another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Akamaihd.net from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Akamaihd.net from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Akamaihd.net from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Akamaihd.net and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.