What Is BoostCoordinator?
BoostCoordinator is an adware application that promotes a fake search engine for Mac to display ads and collect clickable views. BoostCoordinator changes browser settings. After these changes, your usual search engine will redirect victims to dangerous pages without your consent. These pages contain dangerous content that negatively affects the operation of the device.
For more successful implementation of advertising virus collects confidential information about users. This information is then sent for sale to other scammers. Banners, coupons, pop-ups, polls will appear while browsing the Internet. This interferes with normal operation on the device because ad blocks the necessary information. Mac will be severely affected by the presence of a BoostCoordinator so it must be removed.
How to Remove BoostCoordinator
- Remove BoostCoordinator Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove BoostCoordinator From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From BoostCoordinator and Other Adware
Remove BoostCoordinator Automatically
To quickly remove BoostCoordinator from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove BoostCoordinator from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove BoostCoordinator from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete BoostCoordinator and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove BoostCoordinator from browsers:
Remove BoostCoordinator and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove BoostCoordinator from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove BoostCoordinator from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove BoostCoordinator from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From BoostCoordinator and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.