What Is Disk Tuner?
Disk Tuner is an ad-type program created by scammers for Mac. Many people know that Macs are well protected from virus attacks, however, there are many programs that are capable of attacking Mac devices. This virus is on this list.
It penetrates the system using the bundling method (a method in which viruses are attached to some free software and downloaded along with it). When a virus enters the Mac, it captures the system settings and makes certain changes that cannot be undone on their own. For example, virus changes its usual search engine so that it redirects victims not to the pages they request, but to those promoted by the virus. Most often, these are malicious pages that can download various unwanted applications without your consent.
Disk Tuner is an adware application, which means that it introduces a large amount of ads into the system to prevent users from working normally, because annoying ads appear throughout the entire work and overlap the necessary information. We would like to note that advertising and redirection is not only unpleasant but also dangerous, because advertising and redirection reduce the activity of Mac.
We offer you two removal methods to choose from: automatic and manual.
How to Remove Disk Tuner
- Remove Disk Tuner Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Disk Tuner From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Disk Tuner and Other Adware
Remove Disk Tuner Automatically
To quickly remove Disk Tuner from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove Disk Tuner from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove Disk Tuner from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete Disk Tuner and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Disk Tuner from browsers:
Remove Disk Tuner and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Disk Tuner from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Disk Tuner from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Disk Tuner from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Disk Tuner and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.