What Is ExtendedLibrary?
ExtendedLibrary is an ad-type application for Mac. Experts classified ExtendedLibrary as an ad virus because it changes browser settings to promote illegal search engines, in addition to placing intrusive ads.
Advertising is displayed in the form of pop-ups, banners, polls, intrusive ads. You can even close the tab with the Internet, but the ads still won’t leave you alone. Developers use advertisements to collect clicks. After clicks, users are redirected to other fake sites. A lot of ads and endless redirects reduce system activity. To clean the system from infections, you must remove ExtendedLibrary from the system.
How to Remove ExtendedLibrary
- Remove ExtendedLibrary Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove ExtendedLibrary From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From ExtendedLibrary and Other Adware
Remove ExtendedLibrary Automatically
To quickly remove ExtendedLibrary from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove ExtendedLibrary from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove ExtendedLibrary from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete ExtendedLibrary and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove ExtendedLibrary from browsers:
Remove ExtendedLibrary and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove ExtendedLibrary from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove ExtendedLibrary from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove ExtendedLibrary from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From ExtendedLibrary and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.