What Is ExtraList ?
Are you familiar with pests such as AdLoad or Costsimpleplay? If not, then you will now learn about the existence of computer fraudsters, and specifically fraudsters for Mac. ExtraList is one of many malicious adware applications Mac users have encountered. It will penetrate the computer in the form of free programs as additional offers. That is, inexperienced users will not even suspect that something is wrong here. After it penetrates, you will notice that your browser is redirected to strange sites, which will also introduce infection into the system. Pop-ups will follow you. It will shatter. Do not hesitate! Use our article to get rid of problems efficiently.
How to Remove ExtraList
- Remove ExtraList Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove ExtraList From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From ExtraList and Other Adware
Remove ExtraList Automatically
To quickly remove ExtraList from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove ExtraList from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove ExtraList from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete ExtraList and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove ExtraList from browsers:
Remove ExtraList and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove ExtraList from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove ExtraList from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove ExtraList from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From ExtraList and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.