What Is HelperService?
HelperService is the name of a malicious Mac application. By the way it is infected, it looks like an adware.
Once installed on a device, virus launches intrusive advertisements and modifies browser settings to promote fake search engines and spy on victims. Ads appear frequently and in large numbers to get victims to click on it. Clicks on ads send victims to unwanted pages that the virus promotes in order to get profit. If fraudsters benefit, then users, on the contrary, suffer from this, or rather, their device. Redirects and advertisements reduce the performance of the system due to the overload of unnecessary information.
There are two ways to remove HelperService : manual and automatic. We suggest that you use automatic removal if you are an inexperienced user and are not sure that you will not make a mistake.
How to Remove HelperService
- Remove HelperService Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove HelperService From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From RequestPlanand Other Adware
Remove HelperService Automatically
To quickly remove HelperService from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove RequestPlanfrom your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove HelperService from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete HelperService and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove HelperService from browsers:
Remove HelperService and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove HelperService from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove HelperService from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove HelperService from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From HelperService and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.