What Is Macos-online-security-check.com?
Macos-online-security-check.com is a browser hijacker which is trying to seem necessary and convenient, however this is a typical fraudulent site. Macos-online-security-check.com shows users a false warning that viruses are on their computer. It displays a pop-up window, which states that this website detected a Trojan virus. Developers donate users to download Macos-online-security-check.com to remove viruses, because Macos-online-security-check.com will soon say that it has detected 2 malicious programs and 1 spyware infection. Visitors are advised to scan their systems in a few minutes, otherwise detected viruses can lead to data loss or even financial loss. If you click “Scan Now” button, this website starts a fake scan. Do not get fooled by these tricks! In addition, Macos-online-security-check.com is very annoying. You will be attacked by constant advertising. This virus will provide various pop-up advertisements, coupons, banners to your desktop. Redirects to unreliable sites will be provided. Another issue is tracking information. Macos-online-security-check.com will record IP-addresses, URLs of visited sites, entered search queries, geolocation. This article was created specifically to help you get rid of Macos-online-security-check.com from Mac easily.
How to Remove Macos-online-security-check.com
- Remove Macos-online-security-check.com Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Macos-online-security-check.com From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Macos-online-security-check.com and Other Adware
Remove Macos-online-security-check.com Automatically
To quickly remove Macos-online-security-check.com from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove Macos-online-security-check.com from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove Macos-online-security-check.com from Mac :
Delete Rogue Applications:
Go to Applications folder and delete Macos-online-security-check.com and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Macos-online-security-check.com from browsers:
Remove Macos-online-security-check.com and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Macos-online-security-check.com from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Macos-online-security-check.com from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Macos-online-security-check.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Macos-online-security-check.com and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the apps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.