What Is PhaseSearch?
This is a relatively new virus program classified as a browser hijacker on Mac devices. It is called a hijacker because after loading it into your Mac, it acts as a home page. Usually, hijackers position themselves as useful or simply harmless applications to hide user`s suspicions and worries. PhaseSearch also penetrates the system under the guise of a defensive program, but it does not hide the signs. For example, you will realize that something is wrong when you watch unwanted ads and redirects to unnecessary sites every day. If you want to clean your Mac, you have come to the correct site. You can remove PhaseSearch from Mac manually using our instructions, or you can use automatic deletions, which are faster than manual ones and have an exact guarantee that everything will go without errors.
How to Remove PhaseSearch
- Remove PhaseSearch Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove PhaseSearch From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From PhaseSearch and Other Adware
Remove PhaseSearch Automatically
To quickly remove PhaseSearch from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Combo Cleaner; it is a good program that may be able to remove PhaseSearch from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove PhaseSearch from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete PhaseSearch and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove PhaseSearch from browsers:
Remove PhaseSearch and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove PhaseSearch from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove PhaseSearch from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove PhaseSearch from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From PhaseSearch and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.