What Is Protected-connection.com?
This is a deceptive application for Mac, designed to trick visitors into viewing ads and sites from Protected-connection.com, as a result of which developers will earn revenue from views and clicks. These malicious pages display notifications that the device is infected with viruses. Programs supposedly kindly encourage visitors to remove threats using one or another application. You should never trust such programs. Protected-connection.com is designed to make visitors believe that their devices are infected with 27 viruses that infected the system through an adult site.
If unnecessary advertisements, coupons, banners, polls, pop-ups appear on your Mac and when you click on them, unreliable pages often open, then your Mac is really infected with a virus. To get rid of it, you need to remove Protected-connection.com from the Mac as soon as possible.
How to Remove Protected-connection.com
- Remove Protected-connection.com Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Protected-connection.com From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC FromMainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove Protected-connection.com Automatically
To quickly remove Protected-connection.com from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Combo Cleaner; it is a good program that may be able to removeMainsourceofupdate.best from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove Protected-connection.com from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete Protected-connection.com and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Protected-connection.com from browsers:
Remove Protected-connection.comand another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Protected-connection.com from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Protected-connection.com from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Protected-connection.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Protected-connection.com and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.