What Is Quick Mac Booster?
Quick Mac Booster positions itself as an application that can improve the speed of the system. In order for you to think that the application benefits the system it shows error detection and options for improving the system on screen. Quick Mac Booster is called Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) because it enters the system without consent and knowledge of users. This usually happens after downloading free applications. Quick Mac Booster randomly attaches itself to some free applications. Do not let Quick Mac Booster permanently infect the system. Remove this virus.
How to Remove Quick Mac Booster
- Remove Quick Mac Booster Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Quick Mac Booster From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Mainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove Quick Mac Booster Automatically
To quickly remove Quick Mac Booster from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Combo Cleaner; it is a good program that may be able to removeMainsourceofupdate.best from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove Quick Mac Booster from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete Quick Mac Booster and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Quick Mac Booster from browsers:
Remove Quick Mac Boosterand another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Quick Mac Booster from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Quick Mac Booster from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Quick Mac Booster from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Quick Mac Booster and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.