What is Quick Mac Care
Quick Mac Care is a deceptive program for Mac. Why is it deceptive? Developers position Quick Mac Care as a program that keeps Mac computers clean and safe, scans and boosts operating systems by removing unnecessary files. However, these are only tricks to lure users. Quick Mac Care belongs to the category of Potentially Unwanted Program because you will not get anything useful from this program. Only a bunch of problems await you. Firstly, a large amount of advertising will slow down your system. Secondly, your personal data will be stolen and transferred to third parties for the benefit of the developers. The only way to get rid of them is to remove Quick Mac Care from Mac.
How to Remove Quick Mac Care
- Remove Quick Mac Care Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Quick Mac Care From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Quick Mac Care and Other Adware
Remove Quick Mac Care Automatically
To quickly remove Quick Mac Care from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove Quick Mac Care from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove Quick Mac Care from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete Quick Mac Care and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Quick Mac Care from browsers:
Remove Quick Mac Care and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Quick Mac Care from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Quick Mac Care from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Quick Mac Care from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Quick Mac Care and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.