What Is WebFunctionSearch?
WebFunctionSearch is a dangerous Mac program designed to promote the URL of a fake search engine. WebFunctionSearch belongs to the advertising type of pests. Adware displays ads in the form of surveys, banners, pop-ups, coupons to promote untrustworthy sites and to launch some unwanted apps without your consent. Typically, ad viruses collect personal information. This means that your sensitive information may be at risk because fraudsters collect personal data from victims and monetize it.
Immediately after entering the system, the virus changes certain browser settings and changes the usual search engine to the promoted address. Your system is under virus control, so you cannot undo all changes. The only way to get rid of the changes is to remove WebFunctionSearch . Remove WebFunctionSearch to prevent further infection. You can remove the virus manually, but if you are not sure you will not make mistakes, remove WebFunctionSearch automatically.
How to Remove WebFunctionSearch
- Remove WebFunctionSearch Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove WebFunctionSearch From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From WebFunctionSearch and Other Adware
Remove WebFunctionSearch Automatically
To quickly remove WebFunctionSearch from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove WebFunctionSearch from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove WebFunctionSearch from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete WebFunctionSearch and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove WebFunctionSearch from browsers:
Remove WebFunctionSearchand another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove WebFunctionSearch from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove WebFunctionSearch from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove WebFunctionSearch from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From WebFunctionSearch and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.