What Is WindowMode?
WindowMode is a virus that targets Mac users. It is generally accepted that MAC devices are distinguished by their safety from viruses, but this does not mean that Mac is completely protected from malware. WindowMode is widespread among malware at the present time. WindowMode is a type of browser hijacker. Programs of this type capture the system without any knowledge, and then begin to display a bunch of infected ads and redirects that lead to infectious sites. The only way to protect your system is to remove WindowMode from Mac. Our article will help you with this.
How to Remove WindowMode
- Remove WindowMode Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove WindowMode From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From WindowMode and Other Adware
Remove WindowMode Automatically
To quickly remove WindowMode from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove WindowMode from Mac from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove WindowMode :
Delete Rogue Applications:
Go to Applications folder and delete WindowMode and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
RemoveWindowMode from browsers:
RemoveWindowMode and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
RemoveWindowMode from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove WindowMode from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove WindowMode from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From WindowMode and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the apps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.