What Is Search.searchpulse.net?
A browser hijacker may get installed on your Mac together with some free or pirated program or a fake software update and change your browsers new tab page and startup page to Search.searchpulse.net. A browser hijacker is a piece of software that can alter homepage, default search engine and similar settings of a browser to direct users to specific search engines and boost revenue for those. Most often a browser hijacker turns out to be a browser extension, but there may other apps and settings associated with it too. You may follow this step-by-step guide to uninstall the browser hijacker and remove Search.searchpulse.net from your Chrome and Safari browsers.
How to Remove Search.searchpulse.net:
- Remove Search.searchpulse.net Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Search.searchpulse.net From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Search Pulse and Other Browser Hijackers
Remove Search.searchpulse.net Automatically
To assist you in removing Search.searchpulse.net from your Mac OS you may use CleanMyMac3. A utility for cleaning junk from Macbooks, CleanMyMac has an Uninstaller module that can uninstall applications and delete all related files – something that regular removal (by moving an app’s icon to Trash) doesn’t do. Also, CleanMyMac’s Extensions module allows you to see and delete if necessary all browser extensions which are one of the main sources of unwanted browser behavior.
You can also run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware; it is a great anti-malware program that may be able to remove Searchpulse from your Mac.
Delete Rogue Applications:
Go to Applications folder and delete Search Pulse and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Search.searchpulse.net from browsers:
Remove Search Pulse and any other suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Search.searchpulse.net from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
- Go to General tab.
- Select what you want Safari to open on start-up, new windows, new tabs and homepage.
- Go to Search tab.
- Select the search engine you want.
Remove Search.searchpulse.net from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
- Right-click the address bar and select Edit search engines….
- Click on three dots button next to the search provider you want and select Make default.
- Click on three dots button next to hijacker search engine and select Remove from list.
- Click on back arrow at the top of the page (near Manage search engines).
- Under On startup section select Open the New Tab page.
- Scroll to the top. Under Appearance section enable Show Home button setting.
- Clear the textfield of the existing address. Put the one you want or select New Tab page.
- Close Settings tab.
Remove Search.searchpulse.net from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the search icon in the search bar and click Change Search Settings.
- Select search engine you want from the drop-down menu.
- Highlight the hijacker search engine in the table below and click Remove.
- Go to General tab.
- Under Startup section click Restore to Default button.
How to Protect Your Mac From Search Pulse and Other Browser Hijackers:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the apps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.