What Is AssistiveModule ?
AssistiveModule is an application for infecting Mac devices. Developers of AssistiveModule are scammers who receive income from the infection of virus through advertising. These adware applications act as tracking tools for victim data. Virus collects information about your passwords, geolocation, frequent sites and even bank accounts and then sells this data to other scammers.
By changing certain browser settings, AssistiveModule can promote a fake search engine in order to redirect users to the sites that virus promotes. As soon as AssistiveModule enters the system, it starts regularly showing various advertisements that will interfere with the normal operation of the system. For example, when viewing some necessary information, coupons, banners, polls, pop-ups will constantly block your screens and contribute to the fact that you will constantly inadvertently click on ads.
AssistiveModule hijacks the system and controls its actions. Therefore, it can download unwanted applications without your consent. You need to get rid of all these changes so as not to harm the system. To do this, use special methods to remove AssistiveModule.
How to Remove AssistiveModule
- Remove AssistiveModule Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove AssistiveModule From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Mainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove AssistiveModule Automatically
To quickly remove AssistiveModule from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to removeMainsourceofupdate.best from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove AssistiveModule from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete AssistiveModule and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove AssistiveModule from browsers:
Remove AssistiveModule and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove AssistiveModule from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove AssistiveModule from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove AssistiveModule from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From AssistiveModule and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.