What Is Chickimeet?
Chickimeet is a complex of fraudulent sites for Mac infection. Chickimeet promotes various online schemes. Everyone has probably come across a situation where, when you enter a website, the page “Dear Safari user, you are lucky today” appears. This fake page is also used by virus. This is intended to steal user`s personal data when making money transactions for fictitious reasons. You will be constantly redirected to malicious sites every time you want to enter some kind of request into the search engine. In fraudulent emails such as “Dear Safari user, you are a happy visitor today,” they say that users can win a prize, however, the reward is fake. Developers profit from this. In addition to such fraud, Chickimeet will be available to your personal information (names, email addresses, bank details, credit card information). You can not trust such applications. But not all users are so experienced to know this. Therefore, we have prepared instructions for you to remove Chickimeet.
How to Remove Chickimeet
- Remove Chickimeet Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Chickimeet From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Chickimeet and Other Adware
Remove Chickimeet Automatically
To quickly remove Chickimeet from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove Chickimeet from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove Chickimeet from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete Chickimeet and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Chickimeet from browsers:
Remove Chickimeetand another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Chickimeet from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Chickimeet from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Chickimeet from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Chickimeet and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.