What Is CommonGeneration?
If your Mac starts to work slowly, the screen is filled with pop-up windows that were not there before and it is impossible to go to the desired pages due to redirects, then your device is attacked by virus. As many people know, Mac are the least likely to be infected (which is why MAK is in such demand), however, now more and more new pests for Mac are emerging.
CommonGeneration is an adware application created by fraudsters to attack Mac devices. CommonGeneration enters the system via attachment to free apps or via redirects on some fraudulent website. After infiltrating the system, virus injects advertising campaigns to display advertisements in large numbers and often. These frequent advertising appearances threaten device activity due to reboots. Throughout the presence of the virus on Mac, your usual work on the Internet will be accompanied by annoying pop-up windows that will force you to click on them. If you click on this, you will immediately be directed to the pages of dangerous programs.
To save Mac from being overloaded with unnecessary information and from changing settings, remove CommonGeneration.
How to Remove CommonGeneration
- Remove CommonGeneration Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove CommonGeneration From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From CommonGeneration and Other Adware
Remove CommonGeneration Automatically
To quickly remove CommonGeneration from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove CommonGeneration from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove CommonGeneration from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete CommonGeneration and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove CommonGeneration from browsers:
Remove CommonGeneration and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove CommonGeneration from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove CommonGeneration from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove CommonGeneration from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From CommonGeneration and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.