What Is LeadingServiceSearch?
LeadingServiceSearch is malware for Mac. Experts classify it as an advertising type of malware. By the way it gets infected, application really acts like an adware because after a successful installation, LeadingServiceSearch launches intrusive advertisements and changes browser settings to promote fake search engines. This is done so that with each of your requests to the search engine, you go to the pages of the scammers in order to collect views
In addition, these pages are dangerous for the system’s performance. From the moment the virus penetrates, advertising campaigns will be launched to force you to click on ads. Ads will appear even if the browser is closed. Advertising-type viruses have the ability to track users’ personal information. All of these facts mean that your system and your privacy are at risk. We advise you to remove LeadingServiceSearch as soon as possible to prevent these problems.
How to Remove LeadingServiceSearch
- Remove LeadingServiceSearch Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove LeadingServiceSearch From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From LeadingServiceSearch and Other Adware
Remove LeadingServiceSearch Automatically
To quickly remove LeadingServiceSearch from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove LeadingServiceSearch from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove LeadingServiceSearch from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete LeadingServiceSearch and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove LeadingServiceSearch from browsers:
Remove LeadingServiceSearch and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove LeadingServiceSearch from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove LeadingServiceSearch from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove LeadingServiceSearch from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From LeadingServiceSearch and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.