What Is MainBoardSearch?
MainBoardSearch is an advertising type fraudulent application for Mac. It is often compared with Contentfilled.com, Lookupconsole. It infects Mac through the introduction of endless advertisements, advertising will be placed on any page that you visit. Your familiar browser will be modified to promote the fake search engine. The worst thing for users is the ability of the virus to track personal data associated with viewing. MainBoardSearch enters the system through free applications in a random way, but there are also cases of the spread of MainBoardSearch through fake updates to Adobe Flash Player. Ads are considered to be a means of delivering useful information but alas, not in this case. All ads from this virus adversely affect the performance of the system.
How to Remove MainBoardSearch
- Remove MainBoardSearch Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove MainBoardSearch From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From MainBoardSearch and Other Adware
Remove MainBoardSearch Automatically
To quickly remove MainBoardSearch from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove MainBoardSearch from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove MainBoardSearch from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete MainBoardSearch and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove MainBoardSearch from browsers:
Remove MainBoardSearchand another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove MainBoardSearch from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove MainBoardSearch from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove MainBoardSearch from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From MainBoardSearch and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.