What Is NetModuleSearch?
NetModuleSearch is designed to collect various information. Virus works like an adware. It promotes a fake search engine by changing browser settings to redirect requests to dangerous pages without the knowledge of users.
NetModuleSearch shows ads, coupons, banners, polls, pop-ups. Advertising infects the system, degrades system performance. A large number of advertisements negatively affects the system and its work, so your usual browsers will become slower. Such programs collect personal information in order to monetize it later. Remove NetModuleSearch to prevent further infection. You can remove NetModuleSearch manually, but if you are not sure you will not make mistakes, remove NetModuleSearch automatically.
How to Remove NetModuleSearch
- Remove NetModuleSearch Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove NetModuleSearch From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From NetModuleSearch and Other Adware
Remove NetModuleSearch Automatically
To quickly remove NetModuleSearch from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove NetModuleSearch from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove NetModuleSearch from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete NetModuleSearch and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
RemoveNetModuleSearch from browsers:
Remove NetModuleSearch and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove NetModuleSearch from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove NetModuleSearch from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove NetModuleSearch from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From NetModuleSearch and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.