What Is Search.becovi.com?
It is said that Mac devices are protected from computer pests, but this is not entirely true. Indeed, the Mac is a device that is less likely to be exposed to hazards, but Mac is not fully protected from pests. That is, any Mac user is likely to be attacked by some kind of virus. Search.becovi.com is an example of such an application. It enters the system in a secretive manner so as not to immediately inform and shock users. Search.becovi.com begins to gradually infect the computer
Infection includes the display of persistent ads that interfere with the Internet and slow down the system. The inconvenience will also be when entering a query in a search engine because Search.becovi.com will redirect you to malware. You can get rid of the inconvenience only by removing Search.becovi.com.
How to Remove Search.becovi.com
- Remove Search.becovi.com Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Search.becovi.com From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Search.becovi.com and Other Adware
Remove Search.becovi.com Automatically
To quickly remove Search.becovi.com from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove Search.becovi.com from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove Search.becovi.com from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete Search.becovi.com and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Search.becovi.com from browsers:
Remove Search.becovi.comand another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Search.becovi.com from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Search.becovi.com from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Search.becovi.com from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Search.becovi.com and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.