What Is SelectionDaily?
This is a potentially unwanted ad-type application for Mac. Advertising-type applications infect the Mac by introducing advertisements. For inexperienced users, advertisements are harmless reminders that provide useful information. In fact, the developers created SelectionDaily in order to infect the Mac for their own benefit, so tis virus will not bring you anything useful. Advertising will fill your system until it slows down due to the large amount of information. Your attempts to enter some kind of query into the search engine will result in redirects to malicious sites. And your confidential information will be stolen. Remove SelectionDaily to get rid of the problems.
How to Remove SelectionDaily>
- Remove SelectionDaily Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove SelectionDaily From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From SelectionDaily and Other Adware
Remove SelectionDaily Automatically
To quickly remove SelectionDaily from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove SelectionDaily from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove SelectionDaily from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete SelectionDaily and other new and suspicious aps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove SelectionDaily from browsers:
Remove SelectionDailyand another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove SelectionDaily from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove SelectionDaily from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove SelectionDaily from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From SelectionDaily and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.