What Is SkilledRecord?
SkilledRecord is a fraudulent ad-type computer application. Once this application is installed on your computer, it will hijack and change all active browsers without any notification in order to promote questionable ads without your knowledge on Mac OS computers. SkilledRecord virus hijacks the Windows database and infects browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari.
SkilledRecord creates pop-ups that offer ads. If you agree to this, then your desktop will be constantly attacked by annoying ads, which will also overload the system.
SkilledRecordd” will damage your computer.
This file was downloaded on an unknown date.
Show in Finder
You need to rid your MacOS of scammers and virus. We advise you to use our instructions.
How to Remove SkilledRecord
- Remove SkilledRecord Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove SkilledRecord From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From SkilledRecord and Other Adware
Remove SkilledRecord Automatically
To quickly remove SkilledRecord from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove SkilledRecord from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove SkilledRecord from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete SkilledRecord and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove SkilledRecord from browsers:
Remove SkilledRecord and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove SkilledRecord from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove SkilledRecord from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove SkilledRecord from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From SkilledRecord and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.