What Is PC Accelerate Pro?
PC Accelerate Pro is a fake system optimizer. It will pop up every time you turn on your PC, scan your system and claim that a lot of issues have been detected that need to be fixed. Of course, you’ll need to buy a full version to be able to do that.
You may install PC Accelerate Pro yourself after encountering an ad for it, or it may get installed in a bundle with some free program or game. PC Accelerate Pro (also called SilverSpeedUp) may resist your removal attempts, so there may be an extra step in removing it from your computer: either using Task Manager to stop the program from running or using Safe Mode. This guide provides step-by-step instructions to remove PC Accelerate Pro from your Windows computer.
How PUPs End Up on Users’ Computers:
A PUP is a “potentially unwanted program”. Sometimes users encounter an ad for a “handy” program or browser extension and end up installing it without reading License Agreement first and realizing that the program will generate ads or change browser settings. Many cases of adware installation happen when users install some free or “cracked” software and don’t uncheck boxes responsible for extra programs’ installation. These extra programs usually ends up to be adware, browser hijackers and other potentially unwanted software. Regardless of the source, in many cases adware is not the only program that ends up getting installed. Often there will also be other apps; in the best case it will be programs causing some annoyance: redirecting the user to unwanted sites, opening pop-ups, changing default search engine, etc. In worse cases some malicious programs might be installed: spyware, ransomware encryptors, and so on.
- Remove PC Accelerate Pro Automatically
- Remove PC Accelerate Pro From Installed Programs
- Stop PC Accelerate Pro From Running
- Boot Into Safe Mode
- How to Protect Your PC From PC Accelerate Pro and Other Adware
Remove PC Accelerate Pro Automatically:
You may remove PC Accelerate Pro automatically or use the manual instructions provided below.
However it is still recommended that you scan your system with a good antivirus or anti-malware tool, to find and remove other possible malware and PUPs that may have been installed along with PC Accelerate Pro.
Other anti-malware software that may be able to get rid of PC Accelerate Pro:
Norton (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android) The link may not work correctly if your country is currently under sanctions.
Remove PC Accelerate Pro From Installed Programs:
Go to the list of programs/apps installed on your computer or smartphone (the steps are specified below). Uninstall PC Accelerate Pro, Silver Speedup and other suspicious programs, programs you don’t remember installing, or programs you’ve installed just before PC Accelerate Pro showed up for the first time. When you are not sure about a program, google its name or something along the lines of ”what is so-and-so”, ”so-and-so malware”, etc. Don’t just trust one source, look at what several sites are saying.
If PC Accelerate Pro won’t uninstall because the program is running, open Task Manager and end the process for PC Accelerate Pro/Silver Speedup or restart into Safe Mode (the instructions are further down) and repeat the steps.
- Click on Start button in the lower left corner of the screen.
- In the Start menu select Control Panel.
- Find and select Programs and Features or Uninstall a program.
- Optional: click on Installed on above the list of programs to sort it by date.
- Click on a program you wish to remove.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 8 / Windows 8.1:
- Press and hold Windows key and hit X key.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Optional: click on Installed on above the dates column to sort the list by date.
- Select a program you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall.
- Press and hold Windows key and hit X key.
- Select Apps and Features from the menu.
- Optional: click on Sort by: above the list of programs and select Install date.
- Select a program you wish to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall.
- On the top menu click on Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
- Open Settings.
- Select Apps => Apps.
- Tap an app from the list that you wish to uninstall.
- Tap Force stop if the button is enabled.
- Tap Uninstall and then OK on the confirmation pop-up.
Stop PC Accelerate Pro From Running:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Find and click on the program that won’t uninstall (PC Accelerate Pro, Silver Speedup, etc.).
- Click End task.
Boot Into Safe Mode:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7:
- Restart the computer.
- Once you see a boot screen tap F8 key continuously until a list of options appears.
- Using arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press Enter.
Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10:
- Hold down Windows key and hit X key.
- Select Shut down or sign out.
- Press Shift key and click on Restart.
- When asked to choose an option, click on Advanced options => Startup Settings.
- Click Restart in the bottom right corner.
- After Windows reboots and offers you a list of options, press F5 to select Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
Delete Suspicious Programs From File Explorer:
This step is for experienced computer users. You might accidentally delete something you weren’t supposed to.
Sometimes malicious programs don’t show up in Programs and Features. Check also %ProgramFiles%, %ProgramFiles(x86)%, %AppData% and %LocalAppData% (these are shortcuts; type or copy and paste them into the address bar of File Explorer). If you see folders with unfamiliar names, see what’s inside, google those names to find out if they belong to legitimate programs. Delete the ones that are obviously associated with malware. When you are unsure, you may make a backup copy of the folder (copy it to a different location, for a example to a thumb drive) before deleting the folder itself.
How to Protect Your PC From PC Accelerate Pro and Other PUPs:
- Get a powerful antivirus or anti-malware software that can detect and remove not only viruses, trojans, spyware, etc., but also adware and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). Or get a separate anti-malware tool (for example, AdwCleaner) in addition to your antivirus and run it every week or two.
- Keep your operating system, browsers and antivirus up to date. Cybercriminals always search for new browser and operating system vulnerabilities to exploit and sometimes find them. If a vulnerability is made public, software creators will usually release an update soon to patch the vulnerability. If a program stops getting updates, it can become a gateway for malware (like Internet Explorer: you can get malware just by visiting some rogue site on that browser). As for antiviruses, their creators are always on the lookup for new malware samples, which are then added to antiviruses’ databases. That is why it is important to keep your antivirus up to date.
- Download and use a good ad-blocking browser extension: uBlock Origin, Adguard, or Adblock Plus. Before downloading make sure the extension is a real deal and not an imitator with a similar name. Those are often adware themselves.
- Don’t click on links blindly and don’t open attachments in spam emails.
- Don’t download software from shady websites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted program could get installed along with the app.
- When installing free programs, don’t rush through the process. Select Custom or Advanced installation mode if possible, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and remove those check marks. Read End User License Agreement to make sure that extra software is not going to get installed and browser settings are not going to get changed.
- If you use remote desktop software on your computer, select a long, strong password.
- Get a good firewall for your computer or at least turn on the inbuilt one.
2 thoughts on “How to Remove PC Accelerate Pro”
valeu, me ajudou bastante. Eu não estava conseguindo parar e nem desinstalar esse programa. Na relação de programas instalados ele aparece com um nome totalmente diferente.