What Is AssistiveUnit?
AssistiveUnit is an adware application that deceives users into subscribing to advertisements.
This notification will appear on your screen with permission to show ads. If you allow this virus will display a large number of advertisements. AssistiveUnit displays intrusive ads in large numbers, changes browser settings and redirects to infectious sites without your consent. Virus has the features of a hijacker because it collects personal information about users.
Remove the virus to stop infection of Mac.
How to Remove AssistiveUnit
- Remove AssistiveUnit Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove AssistiveUnit From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Mainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove AssistiveUnit Automatically
To quickly remove AssistiveUnit from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Combo Cleaner; it is a good program that may be able to removeMainsourceofupdate.best from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove AssistiveUnit from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete AssistiveUnit and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove AssistiveUnit from browsers:
Remove AssistiveUnitand another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove AssistiveUnit from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove AssistiveUnit from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove AssistiveUnit from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From AssistiveUnit and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.